We plan to have our next in person service on this Sunday June 14. We targeted this date a few weeks ago as the stay at home order for the at risk group (pre-existing medical condition or 65 and up) was set to expire on June 12. We felt this was a marker for improving conditions and a target time to return. We also felt with our size church and space in our facility that we could meet the CDC guidelines for reopening, and therefore have a service that protects those who attend. We also want to meet because we believe many need hope, encouragement, and support in this time, and that is what our church is about. We are taking the reopening of live services on a week to week basis. We anticipate the next couple months to have both in person and online services.
We want to share what we are doing and are not doing on Sunday so that you understand and can make an informed decision on when you come back to the Sunday service. We realize some people will come back sooner and some will come back later. It’s OK to have differences in this. We cannot meet everyone’s wishes but we do want to be clear on what we are doing so you are not surprised by anything.
We will continue doing an online service for those who are not able to make it on Sunday. The online service will be made available as it has been. If you are not ready to come then wait until you are. We want you to do what you have faith for (Rom 14).
In this time we want to be considerate of others and not look down on those who have a different conviction. We want to be wise in precaution and also bold in faith.
Here is what we plan to have in place on Sunday.
- We will follow the CDC’s guidelines for reopening.
- Chairs will be placed in accordance with social distancing guidelines.
- We do not plan to open the children’s ministry until August. Until then we will do family style service with the kids in the auditorium with family. The pastor will do his best to have a shorter message (some guidelines are more likely to be met than others!).
- We will not serve food or drinks (donuts or coffee) on Sunday.
- We are recommending but not requiring masks. If you want to wear a mask then please wear a mask (Rom 14:5 “Each person must be fully convinced in his own mind.”).
- We will have masks, latex gloves, hand sanitizer available (in case you forget yours or simply decide you would like one).
- We will not take temperatures at the door.
- If you are not feeling well or have been around someone who has been sick then please stay home.
- No adult Sunday school or youth meetings for now.
- We are striving to have a “touchless” service (in terms of doors, bulletins, greeting, offering plates, etc).
- If you have questions or concerns at any point please contact a staff member or volunteer.
What We Ask You To Do.
- Let us know if you intend to come so we can plan better for seating. Email: [email protected]
- Maintain social distancing of six feet throughout our service.
- Sit and move about as a family unit with kids nearby and under your supervision.
- Come eager to see others and encounter our Lord together!
Additional Changes to Service.
- The service will be one hour long so it will be a little shorter. This is to reduce exposure and also to help kids who are in service with the adults.
- Singing will take place at the end of service.
- We will not pass plates. Offering is placed in a box on the way out.
- Sunday Bulletin will be distributed through email to reduce touching.