Safe and Secure Ways to Give
Financial giving at Bridgeway Church can generally be divided into two categories: tithes and offerings (Deut 12:11, Mal 3:8). The Bible teaches us that we worship the Lord with our tithe, which is ten percent of our income contributed to the church on a regular basis.
When we feel called to give over and above our tithe, we do so as an offering. The ministry of Bridgeway Church is funded by God's provision through the tithes and offerings of faithful members and attendees. At Bridgeway Church, we honor God's provision by exercising wise and faithful stewardship, ethical business practices, and full accountability so that the financial integrity of Bridgeway Church remains beyond reproach.
There are numerous safe and secure ways to give at Bridgeway Church. Each method allows for God's work to be completed as you demonstrate your faith and give a portion of your blessings to others.
- Ask the church office to sign you up with a logon ID and password.
- Create an online account using the information provided by the church office.
- Log on and provide contact and bank, credit union or credit card information. (Depends on your payment method—credit card or bank account)
- Indicate the amount, frequency (one-time or recurring) and designation for your gift from the drop down menu.
- Change your password to one you prefer.
- Write down your ID and password and then logoff.
Think Wisely About Using Credit Cards
While we allow the use of credit cards for tithes and offerings, we still strongly encourage the use of checks or electronic funds transfer rather than credit cards for two primary reasons:
- Although many pay off their credit cards each month, many also do not. We do not want to encourage someone to go into debt (Prov 22:26) and also pay interest on gifts given to the church. We offer the opportunity to donate by credit card as a convenience for those individuals who have requested this type of transaction and who understand and manage their finances with no financial issues.
- With checks or electronic transfer, your entire gift goes to the church. When using a credit card, as much as 3% of your gift can go to the credit card company, although our system does allow the donor an option to pay the fees instead of the church.
About Our Giving Platform
At Bridgeway Church, we use an online database called Tithe.ly. Tithe.ly's system allows us to provide you access to your contribution records as well as allows you the convenience to make donations online. Tithe.ly provides all of the security for this system. Tithe.ly's system is used by churches throughout the country.
There are two aspects of security related to their system. First, Tithe.ly provides data security using the latest security technology. Second, is security related to account creation. When you first create a new account in the system, you will be able to donate immediately, but you will not have access to any previous information to the account you created.
Online Giving Privacy Policies and your information is held securely by the Tithe.ly system. This information will remain private and will never be given away to third parties, other than to process your scheduled contributions. You can schedule new contributions at any time and can modify or cancel those contributions at any time prior to the date they are scheduled. Once the contribution has been processed, however, it cannot be cancelled. If you have any problems or questions related to this, please contact us at [email protected].
Annual statements will be mailed upon request. If you have moved recently, please contact Heather at the church office at 678-942-1100 or you can email your request. Please include your full name, former address, new address and phone number to [email protected].